Ramdev is now known for his brand Patanjali was initially reputed for his impeccable yoga practice. Born in Haryana, Ram Niwas Yadav instigated his yoga practice at a very young age. He attended innumerable Gurukuls to learn Sanskrit, Ayurveda, and yoga. To pass on the intense knowledge and benefits of yoga to the masses, he started teaching yoga on TV. Nobody is unknown to Ramdev’s level of eminence; yearning to achieve a superlative level of flexibility? We have got you covered! Here are three yoga asanas for you to bend it like Beckham!
Anantasana also was known as the Vishnu pose resembles the sleeping pose of Lord Vishnu. This pose is excellent for digestion, tones the thighs, cures disorders related to urinary tract and relieves stress.
• Lie flat on your yoga mat and gently turn your body towards the left.
• Support your body firmly on the ground with your left hand and raise your right arm over your head in a way that it is perpendicular to the body.
• Bend your right knee and try to reach the toes of your feet with your right hand.
• Stay stable for 3-5 breaths and stretch your right arm and leg as far you can.
• Repeat the pose with left leg in the air.
Dandasana is known to be the epitome of calmness. When paired with slow breathing, it relieves stress and amplifies the level of concentration. It also massages, strengthens and stretches the back as well as abdomen muscles.
• Sit erect on the ground with legs stretched right in front of you and feet pointing upwards.
• Rest your palms beside your hips on the floor.
• Ground your lower body for additional support but keep it relaxed as well.
• Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before you repeat for 12 times.
3. Anulom Vilom Pranayama:
Anulom Vilom Pranayam is a literal representation of inhaling good vibes and exhaling the negativity out of your body! If you are hunting for a quick stress buster or focus boost at work, anulom vilom will perfectly fit your bill.
• Sit straight on your yoga mat with legs folded.
• Close your eyes.
• Use your right thumb to close your right nostril and inhale from the left nostril.
• Inhale as long as you can and stay for about 2-3 seconds.
• Now close your left nostril with your pinky finger and exhale slowly from the right nostril.
• Repeat the entire process but switching the nostril for inhaling/exhaling.
• While executing anulom vilom pranayama, make sure to concentrate on your breathing.