Hardly anyone wants to take up a job profile that involves fieldwork. But we believe that a field job is impeccable in keeping you in fine fettle as compared to the one at the desk.
Sedentary jobs come with its own set of perks but at the cost of your health. Lower back pain, heart diseases, metabolic syndrome are few of the many ailments caused by a sedentary lifestyle. You cannot run away from work that compels you to sit, but you can definitely dodge the disorders it brings by slotting in simple corporate yoga exercises. Check out our top 3 picks of office Yoga poses below:
1. Seated backbend:
If the only reason you might not want to perform office yoga exercises is that you want to save yourself from getting embarrassed, we have got you covered! A seated back-bend is a natural yoga asana that instantly releases tension from the upper back thus averting the possibility of a lower back pain.
- Sit straight in your chair.
- Mingling your palms in a way that the fingers are twirled with each other, raise your hands in the air. While raising your hands make sure you are inhaling air.
- When your hands reach a point beyond which you cannot extend, slowly exhale and hold the position for a few seconds.
- You should feel a gentle stretch on your upper back and chest.
- Repeat this asana every hour to feel fresh throughout the day.
2. Seated twist:
We are all known to the fact one must not hunch while sitting for long hours. But being the careless individuals we are, hunching is involuntary. The seated twist is exemplary in reversing the side effects of a stooped posture.
- Begin by sitting tall in your chair.
- Breathe in deeply and as you exhale spin your body to either of the sides and as much as you can. You can grab the armrest with your hands for augmented pressure.
- Stay stagnant on the side you have chosen for 5 breaths and then go back to your original position.
- Repeat the twist on the other side.
3. Chair pigeon pose:
Be it at office or at home; we pick convenience over righteousness. If you are sitting in any position other than your feet flat on the floor, your spine and hips are not in alignment thus shouting potential threat for chronic lower back pain. In order to nullify the peril, infuse chair pigeon pose.
- Start by normally sitting on the chair but keeping both your feet flat on the ground.
- Now, place your right leg over your left in a way that your right knee is at 90 degrees.
- Now press your foot in a way that your right ankle is in line with your right knee.
- Once you have reached the full range of flexibility, hold for 3-5 breaths and repeat the entire process with your left knee.
Still in two minds or need assistance with office yoga asanas for the low days of the month? Hit us up at Healers at Home to get customized plans on yoga for women and yoga for men. Our certified yoga tutors draft programs post-assessment of your stress levels, level of physical activity and type of work.