Do you have a family member who is recuperating from a surgery or an illness and needs ongoing nursing care, but is reluctant to go to a nursing home? Then you can choose home healthcare services for him. Home nursing services are made available by qualified and trained medical professionals, 24*7 or in shifts as per need.
Nurses who are qualified and trained in facilitating transitions from hospital to home, and extending effective medical care are deployed with the patient. The nurse provides home medical care that is similar to a nursing home. Whether you are elderly or young, you can conveniently opt for home health care. Home nursing services range from providing skilled medical assistance to supporting the patient for carrying out daily errands, like cleaning, laundry, shopping, even dressing or bathing.
Reasons for Choosing Home Nursing Services
- ‘Home is where heart is’. Home care helps a patient recover early as he gets to live a normal life in his home. Recovery is always better and quicker; close to your loved ones and in the comforts of your home.
- Home care gives patients the access to expert medical care at home, thus reducing the amount of time they spend in the hospital.
- Long-term medical care in a hospital or in a nursing home can sometimes get frustrating. However, at home patients can enjoy the comforts and pleasures of their home.
- Home care costs are less as compared to that of a hospital.
- Family members and friends stay close to the patient and can be more involved with treatment.
- One of the best things with home care is that it’s safe since the risks of infection are eliminated or minimized when the patient recovers at home.
- Nursing care at home allows maximum amount of freedom to the patient as he can engage in his routine activities.
- You can personalize home care as per your needs and requirements. Further, the patient also gets one-on-one care and attention.
- Finally, home care can prevent the need for re-hospitalization.
- What to ask when you book a home care service provider?
When you hire a home caregiver, ensure to check the following –
- Qualification and experience of the caregiver
- Quality of care
- Included services
What to do when you’ve hired a home caregiver?
After bringing in a home caregiver, monitor the services that are being offered. If you feel concerned about the provided services, you must discuss it with the agency or the caregiver as soon as you can. And if you feel the need, you may also discuss with your doctor about it.