Corporate Yoga is the extended concept of working peacefully in the midst of a hectic corporate environment. Many people are caught between the demands of long hours at office and the need to spend time with their families. They get very little time for their own selves to relax and rejuvenate. This sedentary lifestyle makes your body and mind fatigue faster leaving you with less energy to give to your job and family. Having yoga at workplace is the most convenient option.
The major benefit of corporate yoga is a mind-body balance. It is the only form of exercise known to increase flexibility, strength, balance, concentration and breath capacity while reducing stress and anxiety. Yoga also helps boost morale and interpersonal communication – which for an employer means no more bickering teams or dissatisfied individuals, power struggles or dirty politics.
5 Wonders of Corporate Yoga
1. Revitalises the Immune System: Corporate yoga revitalises the immune system and the major organs of the body, removing waste products such as alcohol up to three times more quickly. Improved immunity means less work days are lost through colds, fatigue and other non-specific illnesses.
2. Harmonises the Brain: Yoga harmonises the left and right sides of the brain so that logical and creative thought come together as one. Flashes of inspiration should become increasingly common. Taking corporate yoga classes together is a way to build better communication and trust between members of a team and even have fun.
3. Combats Stress: Stress is like an enclosing wall all around us. Yogic deep breathing and yoga stretches create a genuine sense of inner and outer space. Tightening deadlines, interpersonal conflict and other stresses will lose their grip as you learn to breathe and stand your ground.
4. Releases Endorphin: Yoga physiologically transforms apathy and depression by oxygenating the brain and increasing the level of endorphin in the blood. Yoga classes at work create a positive atmosphere.
5. Improves Productivity: Yoga awakens hidden reserves of energy within your nervous, endocrine and cardio-vascular systems so that lethargy and fatigue are replaced by alertness and aliveness. Productivity therefore improves while practicing corporate yoga.