With the Movie Padman creating a buzz about menstruation and menstrual health, we want to introduce you to the real Padman Mr. Arunachalam Muruganantham (The real Padman) on whose life and achievements the movie is based.
At Healers at Home, we also try our bit to support women in combating menstrual pain. We have expert Yoga instructors, who provide you with guidance regarding the Yoga poses to relieve symptoms of heavy bleeding, bloating, menstrual cramps and PMS.
It is a common occurrence that as a woman, you suffer from period-related pain, at some point or the other. Here are 5 Yoga poses to practice for menstrual pain relief
- The Chile Pose (Balasana) – This is a great pose to combat menstrual pain, generated in the back. It stretches the hips, thighs, torso muscles. Regular practice of this pose clams and relaxes the mind, thus being a therapeutic pose for pain relief.
- Forward Fold pose (Uttanasana)– This pose stretches the calves, hamstrings, and back and helps to decrease the pain that stretches from the back towards the legs. This pose helps to increase the blood circulation to the pelvic region, thus relieving menstrual pain. Additionally, it also helps in combating infertility, osteoporosis, and sinusitis.
- Knees to Chest pose (Apanasana)– This pose relaxes the abdominal and lower back muscles, thus relieving tension and reducing the pain. Moreover, it reduces bloating and improves blood circulation in the pelvic area. It further clears the mind and reduces anxiety.
Image Source- The Yoga Poses
- Supine Twist pose (Jathara Parivartanasana)– This pose helps relax the lower back and shoulder muscles as well as stretching the muscles running along the spine. It helps to ease the nerves during menstruation, thus reducing the pain.
Image Source- Yoga Mama
- Corpse Pose (Shavasana)– Often the last pose of the Yoga session, this supine pose has many benefits and requires the least of efforts. It calms the nervous system, reduces blood pressure and helps to emotionally balance oneself.
Image Source- Wikihow