Knee pain hitting an individual’s body is a synonym for gradual immobility. To prevent the dependency that a less functional knee is bound to bring, physiotherapy for knee pain is used as a defensive measure. Though physiotherapy and exercises for knee joint pain work in most cases, there are some instances where a knee surgery is the only way to promote painless movement. Here is a physiotherapist certified list of tips for unsullied and expeditious rehabilitation from knee surgery:
- Pre-knee surgery phase:
- For a stronger knee post surgery, it is essential to have a power-packed program of exercises for knee joint pain before it. Talk in to your physiotherapist to alter/customize training nearly a month prior to your knee surgery appointment.
- Before you take the surgery, have a word with your surgeon about how long you will take to get back to regimen. Also pitch across your personal goals and general lifestyle so that you are mentally and physically prepared to deal with the hurdle that is scheduled soon.
- Post-knee surgery phase:
Be ready to make sufficient preparation for the post-knee surgery phase in the pre-surgery phase iteself. Our article post operative care for knee replacement will guide you through the same.
- Your knee after surgery will be swollen and will undoubtedly twinge. The only way to settle it is by using the RICE method. RICE stands for Rest- the injured area, Ice-use an ice pack for about 20 minutes followed with a heat pack on the affected organ, Compression-wrap the tense area with an elastic bandage and Elevation- keep the injured part at a raised level for alleviation in swelling.
- Quadriceps has a tendency to switch off themselves the moment they witness inflammation. Due to this there will be rapid wasting of the thigh muscles which holds a potential of making you feel weak and unstable. To address this issue, exercises like quad setting can provide the necessary backing for knee support.With befitting exercises for knee pain, range of motion can also be boosted.
- Physiotherapy for knee pain is a mandate during the initial few months post-surgery as it not only diminishes the swelling but also reduces the pain that a knee surgery inevitably brings. It is a unique fusion of soft tissue massages, joint mobilization, pain relieving therapies and fostered exercises for knee pain. We recommend availing physiotherapy at home because common is it sane to travel for a recuperative session every day?