Around 90% of the elderly prefer home care instead of institutional care. Why wouldn’t they? Everyone feels more comfortable at home and to be in familiar surroundings.
Here are 5 reasons why one should consider home care for elderly loved one:
- Home is comfortable-Who does not want to wake up in his own bed every morning, surrounded by the people one loves? Familiarity and comfort of your favorite chair or the smell of the garden flowers, the comfort of home is a great feeling
- Peace of mind- Having a caregiver at home helps remove the anxieties people often have regarding their loved ones. One will be frequently updated of the happenings and any matters that need to be resolved urgently.
- Personalised care- Home care will allow a person to have personalized care. In a hospital or an institution, the general care practices will not cater to each and everyone’s personal needs. It’s a great feeling to know that your loved one is getting the exact care he/she requires.
- Safer- People often living in a hospital or any other care facility are surrounded by other sick people. This often leads to a higher chance of catching an infection or falling sick. Home care greatly reduces it.
- Better food- Good food reduces half of one’s worries. It is no secret that food in hospitals and care institutions, no matter how good, is never equivalent to home cooked food. Having home-cooked meals greatly increases the appetite of the elderly, which plays an important part in keeping them healthy.