From periods to motherhood to menopause, every woman is subjected to a roller-coaster of physical ups and downs. Menopause is the most arduous natural unfolding that brings a lot of baggage. Nearly 80% of the women experience bloating, skin pigmentation, body ache, mood swings, migraine and hot flashes during menopause. Can menopause be dodged? No! Can the symptoms of menopause be diminished? Yes! By embracing yoga for women. Check our list of highly effective yoga exercises to relieve menopause symptoms:
- Stand upright.
- Contract your inner thigh muscles to raise your kneecaps.
- Now exhale and bend down your hip joints to touch your big toes with your fingers.
- If you are not a person who performs yoga regularly, it might be difficult for you to touch the toes. In such cases, bend down as much as you can.
- If you suffer from a lower back problem, avoid this asana.
What do you get: Calmer mind, instant mood upliftment, stretched hamstrings, calves and knees, shield against pervasive nervousness.
- Sit on the mat with your legs elongated in front of you.
- On inhaling, bend your right knee in a way that the heel touches your inner left thigh.
- Keep your left knee in the original position
- Tangle your hands, exhale and bend down to reach the heels of your left leg.
- Try to touch your forehead to your kneecap as you execute this asana.
- Start in a plank pose where you are on your hands and knees.
- Curling your toes, lift the knees away from the floor while keeping them bent.
- As you get comfortable, straighten your knees and lift your torso upwards till your body looks roughly like an inverted V.
- Before you jump to perform the pose, you have to determine two things about your support- your height and distance from the wall. If your body is rigid, the support should be lower and should be placed far from the wall. If your body is flexible enough, use a high support prop that is set closer to the wall. Experiment with this position till you find what you are comfortable in.
- Place a long pillow or any firm support on the mat as per the guidelines.
- Sit on the mat and adjust your body in a way that your lower back rests on the support.
- Now slowly roll and crawl your legs up on the wall with arms free on the side.
- Breathe consciously for 5-10 minutes till you feel the negativity escaping your body.
- Finish the pose by pushing yourself away from the wall and sliding the legs down to the right side.
Like every woman is different, the symptoms that menopause smothers every woman with is different. Therefore it is essential to avail yoga services at home so that your needs are assessed and addressed with utmost convenience and attention to detail.