Parents take care of their kids with adept care and gentleness but when time is for payback, kids turn their back as instead of taking it as a blessing people feel burdened to take care of the elderly. Healers at Home are ready to share this responsibility at affordable rates with our elder care services. From being a mere companion to addressing their medical needs, our experts from Healers at Home are here to a helping shoulder as senior care services right at your doorstep.
For the few of the people who contentedly accept the task of elderly care without taking it as a challenge, Healers at Home have curated 10 handy tips for elder health care.
10 best tips for elderly care:
- Firstly you should be mentally prepared to support your parents. Take is as a privilege more than an obligation.
- Make sure that you have your finances right before you decide to care of elderly. Make a list of the aged’s requirement along with their tentative medical expenses so that you can manage your household expenses effortlessly.
- Elder health care in reality is big-ticket. In accordance with past medical history or frequent hospital visits, make sure to make a mediclaim or medical insurance if the elderly don’t have one.
- Indulge yourself in pleasurable conversations with the elderly. Talking will create 3 positive effects- the elderly will feel respectable and worthy, you will feel more connected might get into the nostalgia trip and such family conversations deepen the family bond.
- Before taking any decision related to them, consider their opinion so that they co-operate when it is implemented. For example when you hire elder care services, it is crucial to ask if the elderly need them.
- Elderly care is incomplete without appropriate safety measures. Make sure your house is well lit and equipped for elderly assistance.
- Teach elderly to use any means for communication so that they can reach help or you in case of emergency,
- With proper safety, give elders kitchen access. Elderly people tend to do things on their own and they like to perform basic chores like making tea. Let them relish small joys in life!
- Exercising can go a long way in suitable elderly care. Engage elderly in low intensity workouts, relaxation therapies like yoga and meditation. This will not only pacify their mood but is excellent for organ functionality, strength, immunity boost and overall health and with Healers at Home your loved ones can benefit from Yoga while relaxing in their house!
- Lastly, just let the elders be on their own and just extend emotional support. Like said, mental support gratifies financial or physical support. Lastly, remember to love them because they loved you at the worst of your tantrums!