Half knowledge is worse than no knowledge. Dreadful ailments like AIDS call for taboo and unhealthy discussions due to which people just pass half knowledge they possess. Healers at Home intend to break this taboo and explicitly discourse a few things about HIV and AIDS that a person should know whether suffering from it or no to deal with it in a positive manner and look for symptoms if any.
10 things to know about HIV and AIDS:
- HIV the full form being Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a virus that subsides body’s immunity and declining our natural power to fight AIDS.
- AIDS is Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome is a disease that is caused by HIV virus. When left untreated, it can lead to death.
- HIV is commonly transmitted through unprotected sex with HIV infected person, using the same syringe/needle as used by an HIV infected individual, blood transfusion from a HIV infected mother to her kid during pregnancy/breastfeeding and can also develop if you have multiple sex partners and have unprotected sex with them.
- HIV DOES NOT spread through hugging, kissing or by mere touching the person suffering from AIDS. Sharing food, bed, clothes, toilets will not infect you either.
- HIV extends its exposure to anyone and everyone. But people who have unprotected (without condom) vaginal, anal or oral sex are at high risk.
- People are skeptical about taking care of a person infected with AIDS fearing that they might contract it too merely by seeing. It is not true. Follow universal precautions like wearing latex gloves when in contact with infected person’s mucus membrane cuts, blood or any open skin. Make sure to discard gloves after one use and then wash hands. Dispose any needle or syringe used on infested person for medical or any purpose.
- Below is a % of exposure risk of different routes of a person is when he gets in contact of the infected person:
|Exposure Route||HIV Risk|
|Mucus membrane splash to eye||0.09%|
|Any other route||0|
- In case of contact with any wound of the infected, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean the house with house hold bleach to remove any germs.
- There is no certain cure or treatment for AIDS/HIV but apt medication can provoke people to live a healthy and fruitful life.
- There is vaccination to avert HIV/ AIDS. You should also practice protected sex and take basic precautions to dodge getting infected from HIV. Make sure that if any injection is taken, the syringe is new and not stale.